Sunday, August 21, 2011

Planning Your Wedding

I know I haven't posted a post in quite a while.
I really don't have much of an excuse except for the fact that I've been working, cleaning, and cooking for my wonderful husband.


RULE #6:

I know that many people are in the process of planning their wedding.
I work in a jewelry store, and many get engaged in the summers because they want a year to plan their wedding, hence a June wedding.
Also, it seems that several people plan for a fall wedding; it's coming up fast!
(Thank goodness...I'm ready for some cool weather and football!)

If I could give one piece of advice to upcoming brides, it would be this:
Make Your Wedding Personal
You want your wedding to be all about the bride and groom, and you want the atmosphere to be representative of the two of you.
You want to look back on your wedding day and think "It was absolutely perfect; I wouldn't do it any other way."

Mine and Darren's wedding was definitely "Us," and it was my perfect, dream wedding. And I think what made it perfect was all of the personal details.
One the guestbook table were pictures of mine and Darren's parents and grandparents (a few of them on their wedding day!).

All of the mason jars we used came directly from my mom's pantry. Not to mention my mom did the flower arrangements.

We got married and had the reception in my backyard....it doesn't get much more personal than that!

The buffet that held the drinks is the buffet from my parents' dining room.
Hanging from one of the trees were pictures of me and Darren growing up.

Those of you who know us, know that we are HUGE ice cream fanatics!!!!! So we had a homemade ice cream bar!
And here we are eating the ice cream! I look very happy. Ice cream makes me happy.

I carried my baby bible down the aisle with me.

It's tradition to wear my MeMa's lucky penny in your shoe on your wedding day.
Last piece of advice: Don't worry about what everyone else will think. Do things the way YOU want to, because it is YOUR day. Make it about you! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment